International Fellowship of Chivalry-Now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 163 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:57 am
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

chivalry  grail  knight  

Latest topics
» More articles on Anti-Chivalry
The 5th Trust: I will defend those who cannot defend themselves. EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 4:57 pm by Fables

» Article Against Chivlary
The 5th Trust: I will defend those who cannot defend themselves. EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 9:15 pm by Fables

» Brining in new articles on Chivalry
The 5th Trust: I will defend those who cannot defend themselves. EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 11:12 am by Fables

» Hello and Welcome to Chivalry Now
The 5th Trust: I will defend those who cannot defend themselves. EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 6:08 am by Braveheart

» Some Things I tell myself to keep me sane.
The 5th Trust: I will defend those who cannot defend themselves. EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 4:18 pm by Christopher Warren

» Current political season.
The 5th Trust: I will defend those who cannot defend themselves. EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 3:44 pm by Christopher Warren

» What about Chivalry is attractive to you?
The 5th Trust: I will defend those who cannot defend themselves. EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 9:39 am by Dean Jacques

» Introduction
The 5th Trust: I will defend those who cannot defend themselves. EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 9:07 am by Braveheart

» The Shadow-side of Male Virtue
The 5th Trust: I will defend those who cannot defend themselves. EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 1:33 pm by Dean Jacques

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

The 5th Trust: I will defend those who cannot defend themselves.

Go down

The 5th Trust: I will defend those who cannot defend themselves. Empty The 5th Trust: I will defend those who cannot defend themselves.

Post by Dean Jacques Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:23 am

The 5th Trust: I will defend those who cannot defend themselves.

This Trust is not just one of 12 separate principles. Its commitment to action is an assertion of loyalty to them.

It a very real sense, becoming a champion for the good of people is what Knighthood is all about. It is the reason for developing one’s life for the greater good; for humbling one’s ego to serve the world we live in; for honoring truth; refuting sexism (and other forms of bigotry); upholding justice; helping the poor; extending mercy and forgiveness, and living lives of courtesy and honor.

High sounding principles are meaningless without the commitment of people who, through their own words and deeds, make them real.

Some conclude early in life that we are somehow justified to ignore the plights of others who are suffering or in need. This allows them to just do what they want, be as selfish as they want, without any regret.

They may consider themselves good people, and by many measurements they are. But good people are not necessarily champions of what is right. By remaining silent in the presence of evil, they passively become its allies. Their diluted freedom opens the door to apathy, greed and exploitation, while at the same time shutting the door to conscience. Such decisions, and, make no mistake about it, they are willful decisions, twist human nature from what is most humane. Just how much conscience can be sacrificed or atrophied before that nature becomes inhuman?

The 5th Trust is nothing less than a statement of solidarity with all our brothers and sisters who are in need. When we adhere to it, we affirm our own humanity.
Dean Jacques
Dean Jacques
Council Knight Administrator,
Council Knight Administrator,

http://www.chivalrynow.net

Back to top Go down