International Fellowship of Chivalry-Now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 163 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:57 am
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

chivalry  knight  grail  

Latest topics
» More articles on Anti-Chivalry
women - The 6th Trust: I will honor and respect women, and refute sexism in all its guises. EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 4:57 pm by Fables

» Article Against Chivlary
women - The 6th Trust: I will honor and respect women, and refute sexism in all its guises. EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 9:15 pm by Fables

» Brining in new articles on Chivalry
women - The 6th Trust: I will honor and respect women, and refute sexism in all its guises. EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 11:12 am by Fables

» Hello and Welcome to Chivalry Now
women - The 6th Trust: I will honor and respect women, and refute sexism in all its guises. EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 6:08 am by Braveheart

» Some Things I tell myself to keep me sane.
women - The 6th Trust: I will honor and respect women, and refute sexism in all its guises. EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 4:18 pm by Christopher Warren

» Current political season.
women - The 6th Trust: I will honor and respect women, and refute sexism in all its guises. EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 3:44 pm by Christopher Warren

» What about Chivalry is attractive to you?
women - The 6th Trust: I will honor and respect women, and refute sexism in all its guises. EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 9:39 am by Dean Jacques

» Introduction
women - The 6th Trust: I will honor and respect women, and refute sexism in all its guises. EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 9:07 am by Braveheart

» The Shadow-side of Male Virtue
women - The 6th Trust: I will honor and respect women, and refute sexism in all its guises. EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 1:33 pm by Dean Jacques

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

The 6th Trust: I will honor and respect women, and refute sexism in all its guises.

Go down

women - The 6th Trust: I will honor and respect women, and refute sexism in all its guises. Empty The 6th Trust: I will honor and respect women, and refute sexism in all its guises.

Post by Dean Jacques Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:24 am

The 6th Trust: I will honor and respect women, and refute sexism in all its guises.

Medieval chivalry was a code of ethics that strongly contributed to the development of western values. One of those changes focused on attitudes toward women. While incomplete, it started a cultural shift toward respect and equal rights that continues today.

While rejecting all forms of bigotry, Chivalry-Now reflects this legacy by placing special emphasis on gender equality. Among all the social prejudices, be they racial, economic, ethnic or religious, gender inequality is unique and calls for special attention. Women are not “outsiders.” They are integral parts of every family. They may have the same surname as their male counterparts. Even the same blood. Their value in partnerships and business and the sciences is proven every day – yet they still suffer discrimination due to gender alone.

While most prejudices are rooted in ignorance and fear of “the other,” gender inequality reflects the bias of an unenlightened age, when men assumed special privileges because of certain roles they played while women raised families. This had the effect of belittling female contributions, no matter how vital they were, thus preventing women from participating as equal members. Instead of proving the symbiotic nature of the genders, sexuality itself seemed to accentuate these differences, thus perpetuating the problem.

Reason and experience both prove this attitude to be wrong and immoral. Nothing could be more clear than the humanity, intelligence and moral capacity of women. There is no excuse to condone sexism in the 21st century. It has to stop.

Chivalry-Now, representing the purposeful advance of certain western ideals, encourages respect between the genders, augmented by the well-meaning expression of respect and partnership through acts of benign courtesy. Respect between the sexes should be mutual, of course, but a long, ingrained history of abuse and discrimination demands that we rectify the situation as we find it.

Courtesy is important on many levels. It provides a social dynamic that unites people through civilized relationships. This is true not only in society but in intimate relationships as well. Because courtesy is derived from self-control and personal refinement, it is never a sign of weakness but of personal strength.
Dean Jacques
Dean Jacques
Council Knight Administrator,
Council Knight Administrator,

http://www.chivalrynow.net

Back to top Go down