International Fellowship of Chivalry-Now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 163 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:57 am
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

knight  grail  chivalry  

Latest topics
» More articles on Anti-Chivalry
The 7th Trust: I will uphold justice by being fair to all. EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 4:57 pm by Fables

» Article Against Chivlary
The 7th Trust: I will uphold justice by being fair to all. EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 9:15 pm by Fables

» Brining in new articles on Chivalry
The 7th Trust: I will uphold justice by being fair to all. EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 11:12 am by Fables

» Hello and Welcome to Chivalry Now
The 7th Trust: I will uphold justice by being fair to all. EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 6:08 am by Braveheart

» Some Things I tell myself to keep me sane.
The 7th Trust: I will uphold justice by being fair to all. EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 4:18 pm by Christopher Warren

» Current political season.
The 7th Trust: I will uphold justice by being fair to all. EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 3:44 pm by Christopher Warren

» What about Chivalry is attractive to you?
The 7th Trust: I will uphold justice by being fair to all. EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 9:39 am by Dean Jacques

» Introduction
The 7th Trust: I will uphold justice by being fair to all. EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 9:07 am by Braveheart

» The Shadow-side of Male Virtue
The 7th Trust: I will uphold justice by being fair to all. EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 1:33 pm by Dean Jacques

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

The 7th Trust: I will uphold justice by being fair to all.

Go down

The 7th Trust: I will uphold justice by being fair to all. Empty The 7th Trust: I will uphold justice by being fair to all.

Post by Dean Jacques Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:25 am

The 7th Trust: I will uphold justice by being fair to all.

Civilization evolves over time. From earliest on, however, justice has provided the core principle that makes peaceful coexistence possible.

We tend to think of justice as something derived from courts of law, but that misses the central message of this Trust. Justice means being fair to all people. This includes all our personal and business transactions, our relationships, what we say to people, the judgments we make, the placards we raise, the words that we post, and the rumors we are tempted to spread. Justice means defending what is true, not selling one’s integrity to ideological propaganda.

From this prospective, prejudice is the bane of justice. As the word suggests, it pre-judges people based on their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual preferences, religion and just about any criteria on which stereotypes choose to focus. When we do not judge people by their deeds, or as Martin Luther King said, the “content of their character,” we not only do them instant offense, we belittle ourselves as unable to see things as they really are.

We are all guilty of prejudice to some extent. Awareness of that fact can be used to help us overcome its detrimental tendencies. Pause and think. Listen to the influence of conscience and reason. Stop searching for reasons to support wrong conclusions, while ignoring everything to the contrary.

Justice includes avoiding cut-throat practices in business. Fighting for equality. Facilitating opportunities for the disadvantaged. Adopting a heroic stance against evil. Take the time to evaluate a situation before group pressure implants its error.

Dean Jacques
Dean Jacques
Council Knight Administrator,
Council Knight Administrator,

http://www.chivalrynow.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum