International Fellowship of Chivalry-Now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 163 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:57 am
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

grail  knight  chivalry  

Latest topics
» More articles on Anti-Chivalry
The 3rd Trust: I will never boast, but cherish humility instead. EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 4:57 pm by Fables

» Article Against Chivlary
The 3rd Trust: I will never boast, but cherish humility instead. EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 9:15 pm by Fables

» Brining in new articles on Chivalry
The 3rd Trust: I will never boast, but cherish humility instead. EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 11:12 am by Fables

» Hello and Welcome to Chivalry Now
The 3rd Trust: I will never boast, but cherish humility instead. EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 6:08 am by Braveheart

» Some Things I tell myself to keep me sane.
The 3rd Trust: I will never boast, but cherish humility instead. EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 4:18 pm by Christopher Warren

» Current political season.
The 3rd Trust: I will never boast, but cherish humility instead. EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 3:44 pm by Christopher Warren

» What about Chivalry is attractive to you?
The 3rd Trust: I will never boast, but cherish humility instead. EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 9:39 am by Dean Jacques

» Introduction
The 3rd Trust: I will never boast, but cherish humility instead. EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 9:07 am by Braveheart

» The Shadow-side of Male Virtue
The 3rd Trust: I will never boast, but cherish humility instead. EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 1:33 pm by Dean Jacques

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

The 3rd Trust: I will never boast, but cherish humility instead.

Go down

The 3rd Trust: I will never boast, but cherish humility instead. Empty The 3rd Trust: I will never boast, but cherish humility instead.

Post by Dean Jacques Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:20 am

The 3rd Trust: I will never boast, but cherish humility instead.

On the surface, "humility" appears to afford little value in today’s society. Most of us scarcely think about it at all. When we do, it runs against our commercialized way of thinking about ourselves. Common wisdom tells us to do everything we can to impress people, “selling oneself” in order to be liked or get ahead. In this regard, our culture is shaping as if we are nothing more than commodities on the market.

While there may be social and economic benefits to that, no one is asking what we become in the process. What happens to human nature when we predominantly define ourselves by notoriety and profit?

Humility provides us with the means of reclaiming who we really are. It is far from a downplay of our potential. It is a liberation from ego that brings us new life. It frees us from psychological entanglements that restrain us from authentic living.

Ego is an image that we hold of ourselves, often described as a psychological mask or façade. It is not who we are, but what we pretend to be. As such, we often use it as a primary perspective for everything we do.

This is seriously different to confronting the world directly. Ego pulls us away from who we really are, for the sake of image. It shapes our thoughts and how we see other people. Because of that, an economy that places the acquisition of wealth before anything else, including human integrity, finds it profitable to exploit the power of ego. This is why we are constantly bombarded with ads that attempt to manipulate our needs and desires. We are not seen as people anymore. We are "consumers," elements in an economic machine whose sole purpose is defined by entrepreneurial opportunities.

The trappings of ego make these weaknesses possible.

What happens when we place ego aside and choose humility instead?

First of all, we experience a quietness of mind that allows clearer perceptions of the world around us. We become capable of judging the value of something for what it is, and not solely for how it benefits our self-image. In this regard, humility allows not only a clearer conduit toward truth, but a greater understanding and experience of ourselves.

That is what we mean by humility. It is not the shy, insecurity of low self-esteem that commercialized values would portray it. Humility is being true to oneself. It allows us to rise above selfish concerns and truly serve the advancement of humanity as warriors of light.
Dean Jacques
Dean Jacques
Council Knight Administrator,
Council Knight Administrator,

http://www.chivalrynow.net

Back to top Go down