International Fellowship of Chivalry-Now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 163 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:57 am
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

grail  knight  chivalry  

Latest topics
» More articles on Anti-Chivalry
The 1st Trust: I will develop my life for the greater good. EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 4:57 pm by Fables

» Article Against Chivlary
The 1st Trust: I will develop my life for the greater good. EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 9:15 pm by Fables

» Brining in new articles on Chivalry
The 1st Trust: I will develop my life for the greater good. EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 11:12 am by Fables

» Hello and Welcome to Chivalry Now
The 1st Trust: I will develop my life for the greater good. EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 6:08 am by Braveheart

» Some Things I tell myself to keep me sane.
The 1st Trust: I will develop my life for the greater good. EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 4:18 pm by Christopher Warren

» Current political season.
The 1st Trust: I will develop my life for the greater good. EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 3:44 pm by Christopher Warren

» What about Chivalry is attractive to you?
The 1st Trust: I will develop my life for the greater good. EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 9:39 am by Dean Jacques

» Introduction
The 1st Trust: I will develop my life for the greater good. EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 9:07 am by Braveheart

» The Shadow-side of Male Virtue
The 1st Trust: I will develop my life for the greater good. EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 1:33 pm by Dean Jacques

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

The 1st Trust: I will develop my life for the greater good.

Go down

The 1st Trust: I will develop my life for the greater good. Empty The 1st Trust: I will develop my life for the greater good.

Post by Dean Jacques Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:19 am

The 1st Trust: I will develop my life for the greater good.

For human beings, the goal of Areté (which means the highest virtue or greatest good) consists of excellently applying reason to virtue in the way we live. Having excellence as a goal means constantly improving oneself, even while knowing that perfection itself is unattainable. Purposefully committing ourselves to self-improvement encourages us to conquer our faults and misconceptions as the journey of life, that we call the quest, continues.

This requires some introspection. It is good to question our values, motives and conclusions now and then, just to make sure we are on the right path. Integrity calls for this. When we don’t, we find ourselves defending values that are not worthy of defending—which makes us part of the problem, not the solution.

What good is freedom if we don’t use it to improve ourselves? Should we spend our whole lives uncomfortably hampered by mistakes in judgment, not because they overpower us, but because we refuse to let them go?

Developing our lives for the greater good expresses the intrinsic value of being human. It elevates us from our insecurities. It affirms who we are, not just to ourselves but to the world. It challenges the dark mystery of life with a small, seemingly insignificant voice that nevertheless insists upon meaning. Without that voice, that spark of light with its moral yearnings, which so many of us feel reticent to use, humanity would be little more than a pestilence of greed and self-destruction.

So, think of ways to improve yourself for the greater good which you are part of already. It opens up the quest to incredible possibilities.
Dean Jacques
Dean Jacques
Council Knight Administrator,
Council Knight Administrator,

http://www.chivalrynow.net

Back to top Go down