International Fellowship of Chivalry-Now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 163 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:57 am
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

knight  grail  chivalry  

Latest topics
» More articles on Anti-Chivalry
The 4th Trust: I will speak the truth at all times and forever keep my word. EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 4:57 pm by Fables

» Article Against Chivlary
The 4th Trust: I will speak the truth at all times and forever keep my word. EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 9:15 pm by Fables

» Brining in new articles on Chivalry
The 4th Trust: I will speak the truth at all times and forever keep my word. EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 11:12 am by Fables

» Hello and Welcome to Chivalry Now
The 4th Trust: I will speak the truth at all times and forever keep my word. EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 6:08 am by Braveheart

» Some Things I tell myself to keep me sane.
The 4th Trust: I will speak the truth at all times and forever keep my word. EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 4:18 pm by Christopher Warren

» Current political season.
The 4th Trust: I will speak the truth at all times and forever keep my word. EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 3:44 pm by Christopher Warren

» What about Chivalry is attractive to you?
The 4th Trust: I will speak the truth at all times and forever keep my word. EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 9:39 am by Dean Jacques

» Introduction
The 4th Trust: I will speak the truth at all times and forever keep my word. EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 9:07 am by Braveheart

» The Shadow-side of Male Virtue
The 4th Trust: I will speak the truth at all times and forever keep my word. EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 1:33 pm by Dean Jacques

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

The 4th Trust: I will speak the truth at all times and forever keep my word.

Go down

The 4th Trust: I will speak the truth at all times and forever keep my word. Empty The 4th Trust: I will speak the truth at all times and forever keep my word.

Post by Dean Jacques Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:22 am

The 4th Trust: I will speak the truth at all times and forever keep my word.

It is a sad commentary of our times when honesty and truth are projected as noble aspirations rather than the commonplace values that they should be. One of the important goals of Chivalry-Now is to reverse that trend.

After all, what good is our ability to reason without supporting it with a sensible respect for what is true?

What good is freedom if it is wasted on lies and illusions and the dictates of ego?

How can we call ourselves a moral people if our values are guided by what is false?

We certainly can’t think of ourselves as Knights, or warriors of light, or people of integrity, if we fail to honor truth in our lives. The future of humanity depends on it.

To reclaim this vital focus, from which the very best of Western culture was derived, we need to know what holds us back. We are surrounded by deceptive advertising, dishonesty in politics, hypocrisy shadowing every ideal, religious leaders reversing their central moral tenets. Greed has changed everything, including our perception of what is true.

How can we be Knights if our word is not held sacrosanct? Or we refuse to let go of prejudices? How can we be Knights if our attitude toward truth makes us untrustworthy? What good are commitments made that we are not fulfilled? How can we be sure of the rightness of our cause, or avoid terrible mistakes? We become the very problem that we sought to change.

Without truth, we offer nothing different from those who lead people astray. Our talk of virtue becomes questionable. Our mission a farce.

Today’s Knight must be known for his or her honesty and fairness, or knighthood itself becomes meaningless.
Dean Jacques
Dean Jacques
Council Knight Administrator,
Council Knight Administrator,

http://www.chivalrynow.net

Back to top Go down